2015-16 Permit-Return Promotion
$100, $75, $50, or $25 Incentives
On this page:
Those who have a long-term ‘A,’ ‘C,’ ‘Z,’ or motorcycle commuter parking permit have four options to participate in the 2015-16 Permit-Return Promotion. In addition to up to $300 per year in Clean Air Cash or Carpool Credit, this promotion offers a ‘bonus’ reward of $100, $75, $50, or $25 to eligible commuters for returning their long-term Stanford parking permit and switching to alternative transportation. A longer commitment receives a higher reward.
How the Permit-Return Promotion works
- Return a long-term ‘A,’ ‘C,’ ‘Z,’ or motorcycle commuter permit before 5 p.m. by one of the deadlines indicated in the "Deadlines to participate" section.
- Join the Commute Club for two, three, four, or five months.
- Receive the reward amount that corresponds with the consecutive months you remain in the Commute Club. (Note: The permit-return bonus will be paid only after all or an eligible part of the commitment period has been completed.) Participants are eligible for the $100, $75, $50, or $25 reward, not for all or a combination of the incentive amounts.
- Participants must be eligible to join the Commute Club
- Must be an eligible commuter who is required to display a Stanford parking permit to park at his or her place of work or study.
- Eligible commuters must be required to be on campus at least 20 hours per week during normal weekday business hours.
- For complete eligibility requirements, visit the "Eligibility" section on the Commute Club page.
- Only specific permits are eligible for this promotion.
- This promotion excludes carpool and vanpool permits, residential permits, and short-term (monthly) permits.
- Long-term permits must have been purchased on or before Nov. 30, 2015, to be eligible for this promotion.
- Exchanging an ‘A’ or ‘C’ permit for a ‘Z’ permit does not qualify for this promotion.
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are new to Stanford and recently purchased an eligible long-term parking permit.
- Parking permit restrictions
- Commute Club members may purchase up to eight (8) daily scratcher permits per month and retain their Commute Club and Permit-Return Promotion privileges.
- To be eligible for this promotion, no other permits other than daily parking scratchers, carpool permits, or vanpool permits may be purchased or utilized during the commitment period.
- Applying for both Permit-Return and Refer-A-Friend Promotions
- The Permit-Return Promotion may be used in conjunction with the $50‘Refer-A-Friend’ promotion as long as both the new and previous Commute Club member both remain in the Commute Club for at least three months from the date of the application. Be sure to complete a separate Refer-A-Friend bonus application.
- Previous participation exclusion
- Individuals who received a reward by participating in permit-return or permit non-renewal promotions within the past four years are not eligible for this promotion.
- Individuals who have been enrolled in the Commute Club within three months prior to returning their permit are ineligible for this promotion.
- Eligibility is determined at the discretion of Parking & Transportation Services.
Deadlines to participate
||Duration of commitment
||Deadline to return your
Permit (before 5 p.m.)
|Type of ‘A,’ ‘C,’ or ‘Z,’ or motorcycle permits accepted
||5 months (Jan. through May)
||Annual and Academic Year permits only
|5 months (Feb. through June)
|5 months (March through July)
||Annual permits only
||4 months (Jan. through April)
||Annual and Academic Year permits only
|4 months (Feb. through May)
|4 months (March through June)
||3 months (Jan. through March)
|3 months (Feb. through April)
|3 months (March through May)
||2 months (Jan. and Feb.)
|2 months (Feb. and March)
|2 months (March and April)
Things you should know before you return your permit
- Important notes about returning your permit
- If the permit is returned after the first of the month, there will be no refund for that month.
- Depending on the payment method, future payments will be stopped or a refund will be issued for remaining months of the permit.
- Please note that you must return the permit and sign a form at our office to stop future payments or request a refund for future months.
- New Carpools or Vanpools
If you give up an eligible long-term permit to start or join a Stanford carpool or vanpool, you could be eligible for one of the above incentive amounts in addition to Clean Air Cash or Carpool Credit! Carpoolers could also be eligible for a free parking permit. Contact us to check your eligibility.
- Timing of Commute Club Enrollment
You may enroll in the Commute Club at any time. However, you will receive Clean Air Cash or Carpool Credit for the current month in which you are enrolling only if you will be using alternative transportation for more than half of the month.
- We can help. If you need assistance determining the best timing for returning your permit and enrolling in the Commute Club, please send an email to email@example.com.
- Eligible permits: Annual (expiring in August 2016) or Academic Year (expiring in June 2016) commuter ‘A,’ ‘C,’ ‘Z,’ or motorcycle permits.
- Refer to the "Deadlines to participate" section on this web page for application deadlines.
Apply for the $100, $75, $50, or $25 Permit-Return Promotion (PDF)