[Published Aug. 2017; Updated Oct. 2017]
As of Sept. 1, carpools receive a free carpool permit! The type of permit will depend on the size of the group:
- Two members receive a free ‘C’-Carpool permit
- Three or four members receive a free ‘A’-Carpool permit
- Five members receive a free ‘A’-Carpool permit PLUS a free vanpool lease
How it works:
- Each carpool will receive the carpool permit equivalent to their number of members.
- All members will be charged the cost of the permit on a monthly basis, dividing the cost equally among all members.
- At the end of each quarter, each member will receive Carpool Credit equal to the amount they paid for their permit.
- Two-person carpools have the option of choosing an ‘A’-Carpool permit and paying the difference between the ‘C’ and ‘A’ permit rate.
- Carpools of three or more have the option of choosing a ‘C’-Carpool permit and continuing to receive $12.50 each month in Carpool Credit.
Find your carpool match with Stanford ridematching services
- Scoop - Use the Scoop carpooling app to match with commuters in the Bay Area. Enjoy flexible carpooling on days when it works for you. Commute Club eligible commuters can sign up with their Stanford email address and use code STANFORDU05 for $5 in free commuting. Download the app at www.takescoop.com.
- Stanford Carpool and Vanpool Listings - With more than 50,000 people in the Bay Area using Scoop, you increase your chances of finding a match by using their app. However, if you only want to match with those in the Stanford community, visit our Stanford carpool and vanpool listings page, where you can browse available seats.
Photo: Steve Castillo
No Endorsement of Third Party Websites, Products, or Services
The Scoop website and Scoop services are not owned, operated, controlled or reviewed by P&TS and may contain or feature references (including without limitation links to other websites or applications) that are not owned, operated, controlled or reviewed by P&TS. The Scoop services, references and links are provided solely as a courtesy and convenience to you and do not constitute sponsorship, endorsement, or recommendation by us or other affiliation with us. We specifically disclaim any and all liability from damages that may result from the accessing or use of any Scoop services or any other third-party websites or third-party software applications.