[Published Oct. 2017]
Commuters, residents, and visitors should anticipate impacts to parking and transportation on Friday, Nov. 10, due to two athletic events. Stanford’s men’s basketball plays California Polytechnic State University at 4 p.m. and the men’s football team plays the University of Washington at 7:30 p.m.
Parking closures begin on Thursday, Nov. 9, at 10 p.m.
The primary parking impacts will take place near the football stadium. All cars must be removed from closed parking spaces by the time they close. Please refer to our map of the area for more information.
- Galvez Lot (L-96) - full lot
- Knight Management Center Garage (PS-7) - 25 parking spaces
- Maples Pavilion Lot (L-93) - 17 parking spaces
- Track House Lot (L-95) - 85 parking spaces before 3 p.m. (full lot closes after 3 p.m.)
- Varsity Lot (L-97) - full lot
- Galvez Street between Campus Drive and the Arrillaga Center for Sports & Recreation - east side of the street
- Track House Parking Lot (L-95) - full lot (after 3 p.m.)
Suggested parking alternatives
- Maples Pavilion Lot (L-93)
- Knight Management Center Garage (PS-7)
- Lasuen Street
- Museum Way
- Roth Way
- Wilbur Field Garage (PS-6)
Impacts to Marguerite shuttles
Starting at 12:30 p.m. and lasting until 9 p.m., Lines X and Y will be rerouted to Campus Drive and Palm Drive. Bus stops on Galvez Street and Serra Street will be closed.
Delays are expected on Lines AE-F, C, MC, N, O, P, RP, SE, Y and X. Lines U and DB, which are not operated by Stanford University, are also expected to be impacted.
See the Nov. 10 Marguerite impacts flyer.
Consider an alternative commute
Commuters and fans alike may benefit from using sustainable transportation on game day to avoid parking and reduce traffic congestion. Review Parking & Transportation Services’ resources for sustainable commuting, use our do-it-yourself commute planning tool, or request a custom commute plan.