[Published Sept. 2017; Updated Sept. 11, 2017]
It has come to our attention that some transferable parking permits we recently distributed for the 2017-18 fiscal year are not adhering to windshields as expected. Our vendor has taken responsibility for the problem and has replaced our supply of 2017-18 transferable parking permits.
Exchanging your permit
If you purchased a permit prior to Aug. 25, and your permit is defective, you can bring your defective permit to exchange it in one of two ways:
Visit a permit exchange event the week of Sept. 11.
For your convenience, we will be offering the following permit exchange events this week if you wish to exchange your permit. Please bring your defective permit with you. Since your current permit is required for the exchange, you may use a temporary permit in its place.
- Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital
Tuesday, Sept. 12, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Alway Building
Wednesday, Sept. 13, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Stanford Hospital
Thursday, Sept. 14, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Green Library (access requires university ID or library access card)
Friday, Sept. 15, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
East Wing, First Floor, Information Center Classroom (Room 166)
Please note that no other transactions will be available during the permit exchange events.
Stop by the P&TS office.
Permit exchanges are available at our office during normal business hours. We will have a window dedicated to permit exchanges. We are located at 340 Bonair Siding, and are open from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays (except university holidays).
Temporary or 2016-17 permits accepted through Sept. 20
Before and during the exchange of your defective permit, please display one of the following as a temporary permit:
- If the 2017-18 transferable permit you received adheres to the windshield properly, you may display the permit, and it will be valid for the duration of your purchase, or
- You may print and display the confirmation email for your 2017-18 transferable permit order, and it will be valid through Sept. 20, 2017.
- You may continue to display your 2016-17 transferable permit, which expires Aug. 31, 2017, and it will be valid through Sept. 20, 2017, or
- If you are unable to print your temporary permit, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by our office (340 Bonair Siding) to request a replacement permit, Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. excluding University Holidays. (Lines may be longer than usual in August and September, especially on Mondays.)
Please note that the use of a temporary permit is valid for one car with the vehicle license plate or VIN you entered and will be valid from Sept. 1 through Sept. 20, 2017.