[Published: May 1, 2020; Updated: May 5, 2020]
As of Monday, May 4, Marguerite passengers on all routes are required to wear face coverings while on board. Marguerite drivers have been required to wear face coverings since April 13.
The requirement complies with guidance in the Santa Clara County Health Officer’s extension of the shelter-in-place order. The extension includes a mandate for transit personnel and passengers to wear face coverings while riding, as provided in the Health Officer’s Critical Guidance on Facial Coverings.
Passengers on Marguerite’s Line RWC and Commute.org’s Redwood City-Midpoint Caltrain shuttle in Redwood City have been required to wear face coverings since April 22 to comply with an earlier San Mateo County Health Order. With Santa Clara County's latest guidance, the mask requirement for transit passengers now applies to both counties and all Marguerite routes as of May 4.
Drivers will make announcements instructing passengers of the requirement to wear a face covering unless they have been advised not to by a medical professional. Passengers are kindly asked to abide by the new guidelines as we work collectively to ensure the well-being of everyone on board the Marguerite.
If at any time you do not feel safe or comfortable riding, we recommend that you contact Marguerite Dispatch at 650.724.4309, leave the bus at your first opportunity, and take the next bus.
This is the latest in a number of steps we have taken in the interest of passenger and driver safety, which include the following:
- March 6: Instituted enhanced cleaning measures. While regular cleaning was already in place, we expanded it to include frequently touched surfaces using an alcohol-based disinfectant, which aligns with recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
- March 21: Restricted boarding and exiting to the rear door and away from the driver and reserved the front door for those requiring ADA ramp access or priority seating.
- April 9: Posted notices inside vehicles to remind riders to adhere to physical distancing requirements to the greatest extent feasible.
- April 13: Required Marguerite drivers to wear face coverings.
- April 20: Implemented passenger limits on Marguerite buses.
- April 22: Posted COVID-19 passenger safety tips on our website.
If you have questions about Marguerite service or concerns about safety, please contact at email@example.com or 650.724.9339.
For information regarding Marguerite service changes made as a result of COVID-19 and available alternatives, please refer to our Marguerite Service Changes: COVID-19 page.
For other COVID-19-related updates for the Stanford community, visit healthalerts.stanford.edu