[Updated Dec. 2017]
Parking & Transportation Services (P&TS) will be closed for the University’s winter closure starting Dec. 23.
Request Caltrain Go Pass and VTA Eco Pass online by Dec. 15
As part of a pilot program with Caltrain, the Go Pass is moving to Clipper for Stanford commuters as of January 2018. If you are eligible for the Caltrain Go Pass, be sure to request your pass online before Dec. 15. Learn more.
Office closure for winter break, Dec. 23 – Jan. 7
P&TS will be closed for two full weeks, beginning Saturday, Dec. 23, 2017, and ending Sunday, Jan. 7, 2018, for the Stanford University winter closure.
Normal business hours of 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, will resume on Jan. 8, 2018.
Online ordering closes Dec. 21 – Jan. 4; Avoid lines in January
Parking & Transportation Services often sees a rush in the first few weeks of the new year.
Customers can skip these lines by ordering parking permits online by Wednesday, Dec. 20. This allows permits to be processed before winter closure. Online ordering will not be available Dec. 21 through Jan. 4, so plan ahead.
Order daily parking permits and request Go Passes before winter closure
Customers may purchase up to three additional daily parking “scratchers” online in December. This means Commute Club members may purchase up to 11 daily parking scratchers in December.
If you are eligible for the Caltrain Go Pass, be sure to request your pass online before Dec. 15 if you wish to use the pass starting Jan. 1. Requests for Go Passes will not be processed between Dec. 23 and Jan. 7, and there is a three- to five-day delay for activation. Learn more.
Print Temporary Parking Permits Jan. 5 – Jan. 12
No need to rush to the P&TS office to purchase monthly or long-term permits when the office reopens on Jan. 8. Instead, order online, then print a temporary permit between Jan. 5 and Jan. 12. Here’s how it works:
- Print and display the “Thank You For Your Order” confirmation web page as a temporary parking permit. A screenshot is acceptable. Be sure to order from a computer or device that will allow you to print, since the confirmation page cannot be retrieved.
- Orders placed Jan. 5 – 7 will be valid for 12 days from the purchase date.
- Orders placed Jan. 8 – 12 will be valid for 8 days from the purchase date.
- “Mail” delivery or “will call/pick up.” Ordering online and selecting “mail” or “will call/pick up” saves you a trip to our office or saves time with express line access at “will call.” You will be notified within three to five business days when your permit is available for pick up.
- Whether requesting “mail” or “will call” during the first weeks in January, print and use your online order confirmation page as a temporary permit until you receive the permit you purchased or to avoid long lines in early January.
Cancel long-term permits by noon on Dec. 22
Commuters wishing to cancel their annual or academic year parking permits as of January must return their parking permits by Dec. 22 before 12 p.m. to avoid being charged for the month of January. Those returning a permit in December may request a courtesy temporary permit for the remainder of the month.