[Published: Aug. 22, 2019]
Stanford's virtual parking permit system allows customers to purchase permits with an expiration date far into the future. If you did so, you will not need to take action to extend your permit as we approach the new fiscal year. If, however, you selected an expiration date at the end of this fiscal or academic year, your permit may have expired or may be expiring as of Aug. 31, 2019.
Not sure when your permit expires? Go to 'My Account,' and click 'Permits' to view the dates your permit is valid. If no permit is displayed, your permit has already expired.
For those whose permits are about to expire
Parking permits for the new fiscal year are now available for purchase.
- Please be sure to purchase or extend your parking permit to avoid a citation.
- If you prefer not to renew each new fiscal year, please select an expiration date as far into the future as you like.
- If you are not employed directly by Stanford University or one of the hospitals, you will need to apply for sponsorship to purchase a permit or join the Commute Club. Those who already have an account can log in and request an extension or update to their sponsorship for a total duration of up to six months.
- Hospital employees interested in the 500P Garage will receive information in messages from Stanford Health Care and Stanford Children's Health in the coming week.
Purchase or renew your parking permit
To purchase a long-term parking permit, follow these steps:
- Log in to the online ordering system
- Select “Parking Permit” under the “Purchase” menu.
- Choose the “Long-term/Commuter” permit type.
- Select the range of months for your permit, and permit type.
- Assign your permit to a vehicle on your record.
- Review the terms and conditions, and complete your transaction.
Please refer to our “How To Order a Long-Term Permit” guide for step-by-step instructions.
Want to save on parking and commuting costs?
- Consider joining the Commute Club to receive up to $300 a year or a free carpool permit.
- You can still purchase daily parking permits for days you need to drive alone, and you will still save!
- Check out our free and discounted transportation programs and resources to help you try a sustainable commute.
- Consider carpooling. Enjoy Stanford incentives by using the Scoop carpooling app or our Stanford-only ride matching option.
- Join a vanpool. Find open seats on our current vanpool page or browse the Stanford-only ride matching site. We have 22 Stanford vanpools!
- For assistance trying a sustainable commute, contact us at email@example.com.
Stanford Student Permits
Please note that you cannot purchase a permit until our system is updated with your Autumn Quarter registration.
No Endorsement of Third Party Websites, Products, or Services
The Scoop website and Scoop services are not owned, operated, controlled or reviewed by Stanford Transportation and may contain or feature references (including without limitation links to other websites or applications) that are not owned, operated, controlled or reviewed by Stanford Transportation. The Scoop services, references and links are provided solely as a courtesy and convenience to you and do not constitute sponsorship, endorsement, or recommendation by us or other affiliation with us. We specifically disclaim any and all liability from damages that may result from the accessing or use of any Scoop services or any other third-party websites or third-party software applications.