[Published: March 26, 2020]
Stanford’s Marguerite shuttle service has experienced significant reductions in ridership due to the shelter-in-place order issued on March 16; reduced Bay Area transit service, including Caltrain's reduced peak-hour schedule; and the call for social distancing. Due to these ridership reductions and other factors, we are temporarily suspending or adjusting nine Marguerite shuttle routes until further notice.
Marguerite routes temporarily suspended or adjusted
Effective Monday, March 23 through Friday, April 3
- At the request of SLAC Facilities Management, as of Monday, March 23, the SLAC Line will bypass its stops at the SLAC Campus through Friday, April 3. The SLAC Line schedule remains the same during this two-week service adjustment.
- Line S continues to provide connectivity between the Palo Alto Transit Center and SLAC.
- On Monday, April 6, the SLAC Line will be temporarily suspended along with the routes listed below.
Effective Monday, April 6
Beginning on Monday, April 6, the following Marguerite routes will be temporarily suspended until further notice:
- Line C
- Line C Limited
- Line N
- Line O
- Line P
- SLAC Line
- Line X Limited (Line X continues)
- Line Y Limited (Line Y continues)
Beginning on Monday, April 6, the following Marguerite route will be adjusted:
- Hospital: Direct
- The schedule will be adjusted until further notice. Buses will run every six minutes in the 4 to 8 a.m. and 2 to 5 p.m. peak-commute hours.
- One bus stop will be permanently closed:
- Three new bus stops will be permanently added:
Marguerite service continues unchanged for most routes
All other Marguerite service continues with regular routes and schedules. For the remaining routes in operation, Marguerite shuttles have implemented rear door boarding for passengers in an effort to practice social distancing. Front door boarding is reserved for those requiring ADA ramp access or priority seating. Passengers are strongly encouraged to sit or stand six feet apart from each other and the bus operator when boarding, riding, and exiting the bus.
- Line X and Line Y continue to operate on their normal schedules and meet Caltrain’s reduced peak-hour service, providing connections between the Palo Alto Transit Center and main campus for essential Stanford employees.
- For those who continue to reside on campus, please note the following options:
- Line X and Line Y provide east-west campus connectivity via Campus Drive as an alternative to Line C.
- Line SE (Shopping Express) continues to operate on its regular schedule, providing off-campus service for residents’ shopping needs.
- DisGO service is available for on-campus travel for those with disabilities.
- Line MC (Medical Center), which serves hospital employees traveling between the Palo Alto Transit Center and Stanford Health Care, continues unchanged.
- At this time, Stanford Redwood City shuttle service continues. The Commute.org shuttles and Line RWC Marguerite will continue to run on their regular schedules.
Please refer to our Marguerite Service Changes: COVID-19 page for a table summarizing Marguerite service changes related to COVID-19 and available alternatives. For university updates for the Stanford community, visit healthalerts.stanford.edu.