Serra Street construction impacts
Various construction projects on East Campus are affecting traffic and parking on Serra Street between El Camino Real and Galvez Street. Projects include East Campus utility and road work, the Escondido Village Graduate Residences project, the installation of a roundabout on Serra Street at Campus Drive, and construction on Pampas Lane.
Impacts will take place in phases, with stretches of Serra Street affected at different times for different projects.
Marguerite bus stops and routes will be affected. Please visit the Marguerite section of our site for updates.
Parking will be affected for ‘A’ and ‘A-Carpool’-permit holders, 'C'-permit, ‘EA’-permit holders, 'ES'-permit holders, visitors, event attendees, Zipcar users and Schwab and Highland Hall move-ins.
Impacts on Serra Street between Campus Drive and Arguello Way include:
- Permanent removal of 10 'EA' or 'A' spaces on the north side of Serra Street effective July 10, 2017.
- Permanent removal of 12 'EA' or 'A' spaces on the south side of Serra Street effective March 12, 2018.
- Permanent removal of seven 'EA' or 'A' spaces on the south side of Serra Street effective March 26, 2018.
- Relocation of three Zipcar spaces effective March 12, 2018.
Impacts on Serra Street between Arguello Way and Galvez Street include:
- Relocation of 11 'A Carpool' and 1 Vanpool space to Galvez Street effective June 25, 2018.
- Relocation of two Zipcar spaces effective June 25, 2018.
Suggested parking alternatives:
- Knight Management Center Garage ('A', 'A Carpool', 'C', Visitor)
- Maples Lot ('A', 'C', Visitor)
- Galvez Street parking ('A', 'A Carpool', Visitor)
- Memorial Way parking ('A', Visitor)
- Track House parking lot ('A', 'C', 'E', Visitor)
- Wilbur Field Garage ('A', 'A Carpool', 'C', 'EA', 'SO', Visitor)
- Wilbur Lot ('A', 'C', 'EA', 'ES')
- Varsity Lot ('A', 'C', 'E', Visitor)
March 26 – March 30, 2018: Expect traffic delays due to construction on Arguello Way near Serra Street.
June 25, 2018: Serra Street closes to thru traffic.
August 14 and 18, 2018: Expect detours on Campus Drive between Serra and Escondido for roundabout paving.