Carpooling with Scoop
Enjoy special pricing for eligible commuters when using this flexible carpooling app. Rides starting as low as $1; and drivers receive as much as $12 per trip--or more with each additional rider.
|"As a long-standing drive-alone commuter, the first thing that drew me to carpooling with Scoop was the financial opportunity of earning $5 to $8 per commute trip as a driver. I was pleasantly surprised to learn about this benefit. Looking back after a month of carpooling with Scoop, I would have to say that the personal interaction and new friendships are what I enjoy most about carpooling." - Brian Canada, Parking Operations Coordinator, Stanford Transportation|
When you use Scoop, the Bay Area's largest carpooling community, you will be matched with others in the Bay Area heading your way. The Scoop community is 100,000+ commuters strong. Here's why:
Save: Carpoolers split the cost of the commute. Eligible Stanford commuters ride for as little as $1, with driver reimbursements as high as $12 per trip--or more with each additional rider.
- Schedule with ease: Separate a.m. and p.m. trips to fit your work schedule. Ride or drive to meet your daily needs. If you have personal stops, such as childcare, you can enter the route from your last stop to Stanford, rather than from your home. Carpoolers split the cost of the commute so everyone saves. You can use Scoop once a week or every day, at the times that work for you.
- Smart routes to minimize travel time. Scoop's algorithm identifies the most efficient door-to-door trips based on the fastest routes, nearby carpoolers, carpool lanes, and more.
Scoop also offers a Guaranteed Ride Home program. If you Scooped into work as a rider, and if Scoop is unable to fulfill your ride back, Scoop will reimburse the cost of your trip home up to a maximum of $50 per month. You are eligible for a Guaranteed Ride Home if you meet Scoop’s program criteria.
Commute to Stanford Redwood City with Scoop
When using Scoop to carpool to Stanford Redwood City (SRWC), eligible commuters will receive the same discounts as commuters to main campus.
Use Scoop to transit parking and park-and-ride lots
Park-and-ride lots often fill early. By sharing the ride, more Stanford commuters might be able to park at Caltrain stations and in the Ardenwood Park-and-Ride lot in the East Bay, enabling more commuters to enjoy the savings and benefits of the free transit Stanford offers eligible commuters. Just enter your destination address as the Caltrain station, Ardenwood Park-and-Ride lot, or other park-and-ride location and see if you find a match.
Earn Carpool Credits
Scoop users can earn Scoop Carpool Credits, which they can then apply to their subsequent Scoop trips.
As a rider, a Carpool Credit gets you a free trip on your next ride. As a driver, you can use Scoop Credits as a bonus payout on your next drive.
Eligibility requirements for Scoop's special pricing for Stanford commuters
- Only Stanford commuters who commute from off-campus to main campus or Stanford Redwood City campus in the mornings, and from main campus or Stanford Redwood City campus to off-campus in the evenings will receive the Stanford pricing.
- Scoop only operates during regular commuting hours. Only trips taken between these hours will receive the Stanford pricing:
- 5:30 to 10:30 a.m.
- 3:40 to 8:10 p.m.
Questions? Feedback? Need Help?
Contact ScoopCare, Scoop's Carpooler Support Team [flyer]:
- Directly in the app ("Account" tab, followed by "Get Help" selection)
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By phone: 415.942.9122
- Press "1" when prompted as the best way to speak with someone directly. If the Scoop customer service team does not respond live, feel free to leave a message. Scoop typically responds within a couple of hours.
No Endorsement of Third Party Websites, Products, or Services
The Scoop website and Scoop services are not owned, operated, controlled or reviewed by Stanford Transportation and may contain or feature references (including without limitation links to other websites or applications) that are not owned, operated, controlled or reviewed by Stanford Transportation. The Scoop services, references and links are provided solely as a courtesy and convenience to you and do not constitute sponsorship, endorsement, or recommendation by us or other affiliation with us. We specifically disclaim any and all liability from damages that may result from the accessing or use of any Scoop services or any other third-party websites or third-party software applications.