How to Get and Use Your Pilot Go Pass
The Go Pass is free for all eligible postdoctoral scholars and graduate students. The 2018 pass is valid through Dec. 31, 2018.
If necessary, purchase a Clipper card
As of 2018, the Go Pass is now loaded onto a Clipper card.
If you do not already have a Clipper card, you can purchase an adult fare card through retail or other outlets, such as Walgreens and Whole Foods locations listed for $3. Please note that Senior, Youth, and RTC/ Disabled Clipper cards cannot receive this pass.
Request a Go Pass on your Clipper card
Please confirm your eligibility before you request a Go Pass.
To request a 2018 Go Pass, let us know the 10-digit serial number of your Clipper card by completing the 2018 Go Pass request form.
Use your Go Pass
- Unlimited travel on Caltrain. The Go Pass allows unlimited travel on Caltrain between all zones.
- Valid for the calendar year. The Go Pass is valid for the full calendar year, seven days a week.
- You must tag on and off for each ride to avoid citation. Caltrain is a proof-of-payment system. This means you must present your Clipper card with Go Pass to the conductor or fare inspector upon request.
- If you forget your Go Pass Clipper card, you will need to purchase the fare required for that day to avoid citation.
- If someone else uses your Go Pass Clipper card, the person using it will be cited, and your Go Pass privileges will be revoked.
- Use the Go Pass for any purpose. Stanford purchases these passes primarily for your commute to Stanford; however, there is no restriction on your use of the pass. You can use them to travel to a Giants' game, to get to the airport, or to avoid parking fees while spending the day in San Francisco or San Jose.
For more information on using your Go Pass Clipper card, please refer to our Go Pass Clipper Transition FAQ page.