Commute Planning Assistance
Want to try alternative transportation but not sure how to begin?
Plan your trip to and from Stanford
It’s quick and easy to plan your trip using Google Maps’ trip planning resource.
Custom Commute Plan for Stanford affiliates
If you are affiliated with Stanford, we can help plan your commute or one-time trip.
- Visit our Stanford Commute or Trip Planning Request page to request commute planning assistance.
- Please be aware that custom commute or trip plans may take one to two weeks and require at least a three-day lead time for responses.
Here are some additional resources that you might find helpful in planning your commute:
- 511.org Transit Trip Planner: Includes options to customize your trip to your specific preferences, such as transit agencies and walking distance. The Stanford Marguerite shuttle is included as an option on the 511 Transit Trip Planner.
- 511 BikeMapper: Plan your bike trip with the latest bike route information.
- Bay Area Transit: Visit our Bay Area Transit page for information on local transit agencies.
- Bicycle route maps: Access local and regional bicycle route maps on our Bicycling at Stanford page.
- Stanford HIP Classes: The Stanford Health Improvement Program (HIP) offers classes and counseling for those interested in trying alternative transportation.