Commute Planning Assistance
Want to try alternative transportation but not sure how to begin?
Plan your trip to and from Stanford
It’s quick and easy to plan your trip using Google Maps’ trip planning resource. Enter your addresses in the following fields. After clicking “Plan trip,” you’ll go to Google Maps, where you have the option to input your arrival or departure dates and times, and select preferred modes of transportation.
Custom Commute Plan for Stanford affiliates
If you are affiliated with Stanford, we can help plan your commute or one-time trip.
- Visit our Stanford Commute or Trip Planning Request page to request commute planning assistance.
- Please be aware that custom commute or trip plans may take one to two weeks and require at least a three-day lead time for responses.
Here are some additional resources that you might find helpful in planning your commute:
- FEMA Commuter Emergency Plan (PDF, 88 KB): Prepare your alternative options and print this form to have it available in the event of an emergency.
- 511.org Transit Trip Planner: Includes options to customize your trip to your specific preferences, such as transit agencies and walking distance. The Stanford Marguerite shuttle is included as an option on the 511 Transit Trip Planner.
- 511 BikeMapper: Plan your bike trip with the latest bike route information.
- Visit our Bay Area Transit page for information on local transit agencies.
- Bay Area Transit Map (PDF, 1 MB): Learn how you can connect to Stanford using transit.
- Access local and regional bicycle route maps on our Bicycling at Stanford page.
- Stanford HIP Classes: The Stanford Health Improvement Program (HIP) offers classes and counseling for those interested in trying alternative transportation.