Whether you're visiting for an hour or a couple of days, we'll provide you
with a place to park and easy access to the entire campus.
On this page:
Visitors have several payment options for parking:
Mobile payment option: Use the Parkmobile app or mobile website to pay using a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express) at metered, pay-and-display and pay-by-space parking locations. In addition to the visitor parking fee, Parkmobile charges 35 cents for each transaction. Not all visitor spaces are equipped to accept Parkmobile payments, so look for the green Parkmobile sticker posted on the parking meter or pay machine.
- $1.50/hour coin-metered spaces located throughout the campus (2-hour time limit).
- One-day Visitor “scratcher” permits (which allow parking in Visitor Pay Parking lots and at meters), available for $12 each at the P&TS office (open weekdays 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.). One-day “scratcher” permits must be prominently displayed (hung from the rear view mirror) with the date of use properly scratched off.
- Parking permit machines
You may purchase up to 8 hours of parking at any machine ($12.00 maximum/day). The machines accept Visa or MasterCard, bills, or coins; if you do not use your credit card, please bring cash in smaller denominations because these machines do not issue change.
- Pay & Display permit dispenser locations
The Visitor parking permit should be placed on the car dashboard with the expiration time and date facing up. A valid Pay & Display parking permit (properly displayed) may be used to park in any Visitor Pay & Display parking location, and at parking meters, but are NOT valid in Pay By Space # locations.
- Visitor Center / Track House (L-95)
- Memorial Way (near Memorial Auditorium)
- Lomita Drive in front of the Cantor Arts Center — 4-hour maximum; one visit per day.
- Parking Structure 1 (S-1) at Campus Drive West between Quarry Rd. and Roth Way
- 401 Quarry Road / Psychiatry lot (L-2) — 3-hour maximum; one visit per day.
- Pay By Space # parking locations
- LKSC / Beckman lot (L-15) — 3-hour maximum; one visit per day.
- The Oval — 2-hour maximum; one visit per day.
- Parking Structure 2 (S-2) at Panama St. and Via Ortega
- Parking Structure 6 (beneath Wilbur Field)
- Parking Structure 7 (beneath Knight Management Center)
- Stock Farm lot near Welch Rd. at Campus Drive West (L-17)
- Tresidder Union lot (L-39)
Remember your parking space # for payment — a Pay by Space parking receipt need not be displayed. The Pay by Space receipt is NOT valid in any other Visitor Pay Parking location.
For visitor parking locations, please visit our Maps page.
"A," "C," and "shared" resident/commuter lots are enforced Monday-Friday, 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. Meters are generally enforced 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., unless otherwise posted. You are free to park in these areas after enforcement hours.
Stanford hosts should remind visitors to bring change for the parking meters; visitors may need to park at a meter temporarily while picking up a scratcher. Departments are welcome to purchase up to 20 "A" scratchers for visitor use or 20 "Visitor" scratchers per month (which allow parking in Pay & Display lots and at meters).
Visiting residents on campus
Resident student lots are enforced 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. In order to park in these lots, you will need to have a one-day 'Resident' scratcher, valid until noon the next day. Residents in Stanford student housing are eligible to purchase up to five scratchers per month.
Parking for visitors with disabilities
We honor any state's disabled person placards in all marked parking spaces on campus, including meters, designated blue spaces (handicapped parking is conveniently located near all of our buildings), service vehicle spaces and permit lots. Please visit our Persons with disabilities page.
Parking for tour buses
- Free short and long term tour bus parking is available ONLY in the designated bus parking areas along Oak Road between Searsville Road and Parking Structure 5, located on the west side of campus, as indicated on the Bus Parking and Loading Map (PDF).
- Tour bus loading/off-loading of passengers at the Stanford Oval is strictly regulated. Read the Tour Bus Protocol at the Stanford University Oval for the complete policy, which includes the designated loading/off-loading area and valid times.