Construction-Related Impacts on Campus Parking and Transportation
Latest updates (1/14/13):
For additional information, please contact parking operations at (650) 723-9362 or at email@example.com.
PS-4 impacts to parking near the Medical Center
- Effective Oct. 31, Parking Structure 4 (PS-4) at Pasteur Drive will close to commuter parking and become a patient and visitor parking garage.
- Hundreds of ‘A’ permit holders will move from PS-4 to park in other west campus lots and structures, including PS-1 (Campus Dr. and Roth Way); PS-5, Lots 17 and 18 (Stock Farm, Oak, and Welch Roads); and Lots 1, 2, and 3 (Quarry Rd.).
- Starting October 22, the hospital will offer attendant-assisted parking in the Stock Farm lots (lots 17 and 18), Parking Structure 5 (PS-5), and the Quarry Road lots (lots 2 and 3) in order to mitigate the impacts.
- PS-1 will not have attendant-assisted parking.
Local permit parking alternatives (refer to map):
- (1) Stock Farm lots [L-17] and [L-18]
- (2) Parking Structure 5 [PS-5]
- (3) Quarry lots [L-1] (not shown), [L-2], and [L-3]
- (4) The Oval
- (5) Roth Way
- (6) Lasuen Street
- (7) Museum Way
SESI LTHW Piping Distribution and Building Conversions
Stanford Energy System Innovations (SESI) will be among the most energy-efficient systems of any major research university in the world. The project involves a new replacement central energy facility, a new electrical substation, and a steam to hot water conversion process for underground piping.
- The implementation of SESI will require significant work throughout the campus between 2012 and 2015, including the installation of more than 20 miles of hot water pipe and changes to mechanical rooms of 155 buildings.
- As the work is completed in phases, SESI construction will impact parking and will affect vehicle, pedestrian, and bicycle access throughout campus.
- Please observe all posted signs and share the road.
Additional information is available through the following links:
Medical Center Renewal Project
Construction related to the Stanford University Medical Center Renewal Project will impact traffic, transit service, Marguerite Shuttle service, and bicycle routes in the Medical Center area. In light of construction in the area, please observe all traffic and parking signs.
For additional information and assistance, please use the following links:
Via Ortega / Cypress parking lot
- Effective Friday 7/1/11, Cypress parking lot was closed due to construction of the Bioengineering and Chemical Engineering Building.
- Please observe all posted signs to avoid being cited and/or towed.
Parking alternatives include (refer to map):
- (1) Parking Structure 2 [S-2] ('A', 'C', disabled, and visitor pay parking 'P')
- (2) Panama lot [L-25] ('A', 'C', and disabled parking)
- (3) Jordan Quad lot [L-21] ('A', 'C', and disabled parking)