Marguerite shuttle changes take effect on June 1
To improve Stanford’s free Marguerite shuttle service and in response to customer feedback, Stanford’s Marguerite shuttle service will implement schedule changes on Monday, June 1.
Marguerite changes effective Monday, June 1:
- 1050A: To improve on-time performance, peak morning and afternoon service will be every 25 minutes.
- BOH (Bohannon): Schedule adjustments to improve on-time performance by allowing for peak traffic.
- Line C: Slight timing adjustments to entire schedule.
- Line C Limited: Adjusted route in reverse direction around Stock Farm parking lot and adjusted service hours to better reflect ridership demand. Morning service hours will be from 7:29 a.m. to 9:50 a.m. Afternoon service hours will be from 4:02 p.m. to 7:02 p.m.
- EB (East Bay): Added an early morning stop at the campus Oval at 5:48 a.m., and a late night departure back to the East Bay at 11:42 p.m.
- HD: Frequency adjustments to entire schedule to improve on-time performance and allow for peak traffic.
- Line MC: Added service to and from the Lucas Center and the Palo Alto Transit Center during the morning and afternoon peak times.
- Line N and Line O: Schedule adjusted to better coordinate with Caltrain arrivals at the Palo Alto Transit Center.
- Line P: Riders will see two significant changes in the morning and at midday:
- In the morning, we are increasing frequency. Buses will depart five (5) minutes after scheduled train arrivals (for most trains) instead of every 10 minutes.
- Midday riders will enjoy improved service. The schedule has been modified to meet all trains arriving and departing the Palo Alto Caltrain station. The goal is to arrive five (5) minutes before scheduled train arrivals and depart five (5) minutes after scheduled departures of each Caltrain. The evening schedule continues to offer departures every 10 minutes.
- In the evening, service has been extended. Instead of ending at 8:10 p.m., Line P service will end at the Palo Alto Transit Center at 9:30 p.m.
- Line R: To improve on-time performance, service will be every 25 minutes. A stop will be added at 3375 Hillview Avenue.
- RP: Slight schedule adjustments for better coordination with Caltrain arrivals and departures. Added a stop at El Camino Real and Page Mill Road for “reverse” commuters.
- SE (Shopping Express): Added weekday service from the Palo Alto Transit Center at 6:45 p.m. and added weekend service at 11:05 a.m. and 6:05 p.m. to meet weekend bullet trains. The SE schedule is being adjusted to improve on-time performance during peak hours.
- SLAC: Schedule adjustments to improve on-time performance by allowing for peak traffic.
- TECH: [5/8/2015 update] There will be NO CHANGES to the TECH shuttle on June 1. The current TECH route, schedule, and stop locations will remain the same on June 1.
- Line X and Line Y: Morning and afternoon schedules adjusted to improve coordination with trains at the Palo Alto Transit Center.
- Line X and Line Y Express and Limited bus service: Morning service adjusted to meet most trains. When Caltrain experiences severe delays, the Marguerite platform supervisor will adjust Marguerite schedules to meet trains as they arrive and ensure riders reach their destinations as quickly as possible.
Additional service notice:
- AE-F (Ardenwood Fremont): There are seats available on Stanford’s free Ardenwood Fremont (AE-F) service. This pilot service offers double-decker buses, free onboard Wi-Fi on most buses, and extended service to Fremont BART, ACE train, and various park-and-ride locations. There are no route or service changes to AE-F between now and August 2015. However, continuation of the AE-F service depends on ridership and funding from partners.
Schedules will be updated on the Marguerite web page as changes occur. New printed Marguerite schedules will be available by May 25 on all buses and at Parking & Transportation Services.
If you have questions or comments, please contact us at email@example.com.
^ back to top