Pilot Go Passes, valid Sept. 1, are now available for purchase
Eligible off-campus graduate students and postdoctoral scholars can now purchase their 2014 Caltrain Go Passes, valid from Sept. 1 through Dec. 31, for $55. Please note that the Go Pass is NOT valid until Sept. 1. Using it before Sept. 1 will result in citation.
Purchasers can save a lot by buying a Go Pass to enjoy unlimited rides on Caltrain, which travels between San Francisco and Gilroy. Use the dynamic savings calculator to determine your total savings based on your current commute.
The three steps to getting a Go Pass are provided below:
Your local address and enrollment status must be reflected in the P&TS customer database, which is updated through Axess. Please allow two to three days for updates to Axess to be reflected at P&TS. Once you complete these steps, if you are eligible, you will be able to purchase the Go Pass.
- Confirm your eligibility by reviewing the Pilot Go Pass eligibility table.
- Enter your current residence address. Passes cannot be purchased unless you have an eligible address designated in the correct field in Axess. Follow the step-by-step instructions.
- Graduate students must enroll in autumn quarter courses for a minimum of six units. Students in TGR status must enroll in the TGR course. Go Passes can only be issued to graduate students who are enrolled for autumn quarter.
- Postdoctoral scholars must be appointed through the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs.
- Not available to spouses or relatives. The Pilot Go Pass is available only to eligible graduate students and postdocs for purchase. They are not transferable to or available for purchase by spouses or relatives of those who are eligible.
- In person at Parking & Transportation Services, 340 Bonair Siding. (Please note that monthly Caltrain parking permits also can be purchased by Go Pass holders at P&TS.) The following payment methods are available:
- Postdoctoral scholars can use a credit or debit card, cash, or check.
- Graduate students can use a credit or debit card, cash, check, or charge the pass to their student bill.
- Campus distribution events. We are scheduling campus distribution events in September. Payment must be made online in advance when picking up the pass at an event. Online purchasing is coming soon. Graduate students have the option of using student billing as their payment method at distribution events. Check the Pilot Go Pass website for more information.
3. PICK UP
Go Passes are a non-transferable sticker. Passes must be picked up in person and will be affixed immediately to your valid Stanford ID. Passes cannot be sent by mail, nor can anyone else pick up your pass for you.
- Pick up in person at Parking & Transportation Services, 340 Bonair Siding. Passes purchased at P&TS will be affixed immediately to your ID.
- Pick up at distribution events in September. P&TS is offering campus distribution events, which require ordering in advance online. Online ordering for the Pilot Go Pass is coming soon. Distribution events are scheduled for the following dates:
- Postdoctoral scholars: Tuesday, Sept. 16, at Postdoc Mixer, 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., MSOB lawn.
- Graduate students: Friday, Sept. 19, 12 p.m. to 3 p.m., Green Library, ground floor.
If you have questions or need more information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit pilotgopass.stanford.edu.
Want to help? Graduate students and postdoctoral scholars can earn $15 per hour assisting with Pilot Go Pass distribution events. Interested candidates should contact Rachel Mattenberger at email@example.com or 650.721.3056.
^ back to top