Marguerite shuttle changes take effect in September and October
Stanford’s Marguerite shuttle is implementing changes in October, including schedule changes to coincide with the new Caltrain schedule that takes effect on Oct. 5. Caltrain developed the new timetable to improve service reliability in response to ridership growth and planned construction.
Beginning Oct. 6, Stanford’s Marguerite service will make the following changes:
- Route Addition
- Line R: The new Line R will provide midday service between California Avenue and the Stanford Research Park. The route will serve all stops between California Avenue at Yale Street and 3375 Hillview Avenue. Line R route map (PDF). The route will operate between the hours of 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. with service every 20 minutes. Note: This route will be implemented as a six-month pilot project in partnership with Stanford Real Estate. Continued service beyond March 2015 will depend on ridership.
- Schedule adjustments
- Ardenwood Express: One westbound trip will be added, departing the Kaiser Drive park-and-ride lot at 6:43 a.m. The first eastbound trip will depart at 3:25 p.m., and there will be minor schedule adjustments to the remaining trips.
- SLAC: Service will begin at Sharon Heights at 6:37 a.m. Most afternoon time points will be adjusted.
- Schedules will be adjusted on the following routes to accommodate Caltrain changes:
Schedules will be updated on the Marguerite website as changes occur. New printed Marguerite schedules will be available by Oct. 3 on all buses and at Parking & Transportation Services.
The following changes took effect on Sept. 22:
- Line H, which serves the Hoover Pavilion Garage, no longer travels on Palo Road, Palm Drive, or Arboretum Road. The stop on Quarry Road (near Palo Road) has been removed from the route, and a new stop was added at Sweet Olive Way near Parking Structure 9 (PS-9) to serve Line H riders.
- Line HD no longer travels on Palo Road, Palm Drive, or Arboretum Road. The stop on Quarry Road (near Palo Road) has been removed from the route, and a new stop was added at Sweet Olive Way near Parking Structure 9 (PS-9) to serve Line HD riders. Line HD no longer stops at Cantor Arts Center and Roth Way at Campus Drive. The stop on Quarry Extension is now on the opposite side (same stop as Line X) adjacent to the Medical Center.
Line HD expanded its hours of service and is now available from 4:30 a.m. to 12:30 a.m. with service every 5 minutes.
- Lines MC, X, and X-L a.m.: A new temporary stop has been added to Quarry Road at Sweet Olive Way.
If you have questions about Marguerite changes, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 650.724.9339.
If your questions are about Caltrain’s service or timetable adjustments, please contact Caltrain.
^ back to top