Parking & Transportation Services can help you get around campus and out of town – Marguerite, bicycles, public transit, airport shuttles, bus charters, and on-campus car share and rental cars.
- Stanford's free Marguerite shuttles will take you nearly everywhere you need to go: to a class at the far end of campus, shopping, restaurants, transit connections, and errands.
- The Marguerite runs five days a week year round, with additional late-night and weekend service during the academic year and limited holiday service.
- Provides service to local shopping areas, such as the Stanford Shopping Center, the San Antonio Shopping Center, Town & Country Village, and downtown Palo Alto.
- Links you with Palo Alto Caltrain station, where you can catch frequent buses and trains around Palo Alto and to San Francisco, San Jose, the East Bay, and other destinations.
- Visit Marguerite Shuttle on the web for routes and schedules.
- All buses are wheelchair-accessible and have bike racks.
Need a Car or Want to Share a Ride?
L.A. Cicero/Stanford News Service
- Zipcar provides a convenient, self-service, on-demand car sharing program at Stanford University at reduced rates for Stanford students ages 18 and older.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car has a branch on campus that rents to Stanford students ages 18 and older, offering hourly, daily, and weekly rentals. Their Residents Rental Program offers weeknight car rentals for only $10 for registered campus residents. Reserve in advance.
- Airport shuttles are available through various companies not affiliated with Stanford.
Freshman Emergency Ride Home
- Freshmen students who register for the Freshman Emergency Ride Home program are offered a "safety net" for unforeseen travel emergencies.
- Students who find themselves stranded off-campus without a way back using existing transit alternatives can take a FREE cab ride back to campus for up to three emergency rides per year. (Each ride must be to a campus destination and within an eight-mile radius of campus. Restrictions apply.)
Bicycle Safety Program Information & Resources