Private shuttle operators offer service between Stanford and area airports which can be found through airport websites (These links lead to non-Stanford websites and are offered as a convenience, not as an endorsement of the vendors or websites listed.):
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO) "Transportation Services" page
- San Jose International Airport (SJC) "Ground transportation" page
- Oakland International Airport (OAK) "Ground transportation" page
Discounts offered to Stanford students
- SuperShuttle (Save $6 with Stanford discount code; valid only with a Stanford zip code)
Before booking with a specific transportation provider, please read online reviews. Popular sites include:
Menlo Park Shuttle
This free shuttle runs weekdays from mid-morning to mid-afternoon. The shuttle serves various locations throughout Menlo Park, including the Menlo Park Library, downtown Menlo Park, the Menlo Park Caltrain station, Safeway, the Stanford Shopping Center, and Stanford Medical Center. Visit the Menlo Park Free Shuttles page for more information, including a map and schedule.
Palo Alto Shuttle
The city of Palo Alto operates free weekday shuttle service serving the Palo Alto Transit Center, where riders can connect with Stanford's free Marguerite shuttle and other transit providers. The Palo Alto Shuttle has two routes:
- The Crosstown Shuttle runs between the Palo Alto Transit Center and Charleston Road in south Palo Alto.
- The Embarcadero Shuttle runs from the Palo Alto Transit Center along the Embarcadero Road corridor.
Palo Alto Shuttle schedules and maps on the City of Palo Alto website
Commute.org: Redwood City-Midpoint Caltrain
This Commute.org free shuttle runs weekdays and provides peak-commute service. The shuttle serves the Redwood City Transit Center to and from Stanford Redwood City at 505 Broadway. During midday service, Stanford’s free Marguerite shuttle will serve Stanford Redwood City.