Rules and Regulations
The following documents present the policies and regulations governing the operation of motor vehicles, vehicles, and wheeled devices on the Stanford University campus:
- Stanford University Traffic and Parking Code
Policies regarding vehicles, bicycles, and other wheeled devices within Stanford property.
- Stanford University Administrative Guide Memo 18.104.22.168: "Use of University Vehicles"
Policy addressing the use of motor vehicles by University departments.
- Stanford University Administrative Guide Memo 22.214.171.124: "Use of Golf Cart-Type Vehicles"
Policy addressing the use of motorized carts on campus by Stanford University employees and students.
- Safety Guidelines: Operation of Rented or Personally-Owned Golf Cart-Type Vehicles by Authorized Visitors, Alumni or Contractors
Guidelines from the Department of Environmental Health and Safety for the use of motorized carts by visitors and contractors.
- Tour bus protocol at The Oval, Main Quad and Pasteur Drive
Policies regarding tour bus access, parking, and tour group restrictions at the Stanford Oval, Main Quad and Pasteur Drive.
- Mobile food vendor policy
The office of Business Affairs is responsible for administering the Mobile food vendor policy.
- Bike share program policy
Bike Share programs are prohibited on Stanford University campus locations, unless expressly approved by the University.
- License Plate Recognition Data Management Principles
Stanford Transportation uses license-plate recognition (LPR) technology as its parking enforcement system. This document presents the set of data management principles Stanford Transportation uses for data produced by its LPR program.
Anyone found to be in violation of the Commute Club and/or parking permit policies set forth by Stanford Transportation is subject to revocation of transportation incentives and/or parking privileges. Instances of egregious misconduct may result in further administrative, disciplinary, and/or legal action, up to and including termination of employment or expulsion.