Rules and Regulations
The following documents present the policies and regulations governing the operation of motor vehicles, vehicles, and wheeled devices on the Stanford University campus:
- Stanford University Traffic and Parking Code
Policies regarding vehicles, bicycles, and other wheeled devices within Stanford property.
- Stanford University Administrative Guide Memo 126.96.36.199: "Use of University Vehicles"
Policy addressing the use of motor vehicles by University departments.
- Stanford University Administrative Guide Memo 188.8.131.52: "Use of Golf Cart-Type Vehicles"
Policy addressing the use of motorized carts on campus by Stanford University employees and students.
- Safety Guidelines: Operation of Rented or Personally-Owned Golf Cart-Type Vehicles by Authorized Visitors, Alumni or Contractors
Guidelines from the Department of Environmental Health and Safety for the use of motorized carts by visitors and contractors.
- Tour bus protocol at The Oval, Main Quad and Pasteur Drive
Policies regarding tour bus access, parking, and tour group restrictions at the Stanford Oval, Main Quad and Pasteur Drive.
- Mobile food vendor policy
The office of Business Affairs is responsible for administering the Mobile food vendor policy.
- Bike share program policy
Bike Share programs are prohibited on Stanford University campus locations, unless expressly approved by the University.
- License Plate Recognition Data Management Principles
P&TS uses license-plate recognition (LPR) technology as its parking enforcement system. This document presents the set of data management principles P&TS uses for data produced by its LPR program.
Anyone found to be in violation of the Commute Club and/or parking permit policies set forth by Parking & Transportation Services (P&TS) is subject to revocation of transportation incentives and/or parking privileges. Instances of egregious misconduct may result in further administrative, disciplinary, and/or legal action, up to and including termination of employment or expulsion.