Bike Safety and Bike Citation Diversion Classes
Fix your bike ticket! In lieu of paying a fine or going to court for a bicycle citation, you may elect to participate in the Bicycle Diversion Program sponsored by the Stanford Department of Public Safety.
This program is available only during the first 30 days from the date the citation was issued. After that time period, the citation will be sent to the court for normal processing. You may re-take this class after 18 months, just like drivers traffic school. If you have any questions, please contact SUDPS during office hours at (650) 723-9633.
- Call (650) 723-9633 or check the Bicycle Safety Class page of the Department of Public Safety website for the date, time and location of the next available bicycle safety presentation.
- Enroll and attend a 60-minute bicycle safety presentation put on by the Department of Public Safety and Stanford Transportation. You must register online via the Bicycle Safety Class page of the Department of Public Safety website.
- Bring the certified card, your copy of the citation, and a picture ID to the presentation.
- Correct and have a deputy sign off any license or mechanical violations prior to attending the safety presentation.
- If you complete the program within the 30-day period, the bike citation will be dismissed.
- This free class is open to the campus community to learn more about bike safety, rules of the road, and how to ride on the campus.