Looking for great prices on rental cars for any time frame, from one hour to several months? The Enterprise Rent-A-Car branch on the Stanford campus offers special services to members of the Stanford community, including:
- Rental services for Stanford students ages 18-20
- Rentals for Stanford faculty, staff, and students age 21 and over
Locations and hours
Enterprise Rent-A-Car Stanford Branch
360 Oak Road
Stanford, CA 94305-4502
Located inside Stock Farm Garage, next to the Marguerite Shuttle office. View larger map
Monday through Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day.
Special rates and rental procedures
Students 18 to 20 years old:
Under 21 but need to rent a car? The Enterprise branch at Stanford rents to Stanford students, ages 18-20, with valid Stanford ID, proof of full-coverage car insurance, and a major credit or debit card. For rate information, see the Stanford employees and students ages rate sheet.
To make a reservation by phone, call 650.833.8060. If you need a half-day rental, please make your reservation by phone. To make a reservation online, visit Enterprise's reservation page for Stanford affiliates and select the option for "Stanford Students: 18-20 years old." For the lowest rate, check both the Stanford rates and the Published rates (underage fee applies to Published rates).
Please note that these rates are ONLY available at Enterprise's Stanford branch. Reservations at other branches will not be honored.
When returning your vehicle to the Stanford Enterprise branch, please park in a designated Enterprise space on the first floor of Parking Structure 5. If all of these spaces are full, please park the car on the top floor of the parking structure.
Faculty, staff, and students 21 years and older:
Rentals are available for Stanford faculty, staff, and students 21 years and older. For rate information, see the Stanford employees and students ages rate sheet.
To make a reservation by phone, call 650.833.8060. If you need a half-day rental, please make your reservation by phone. To make a reservation online, visit Enterprise's reservation page for Stanford affiliates and choose "Staff/Faculty" or "Students 21 and over." For the lowest rate, check both the Stanford rates and the Published rates (underage fee applies to Published rates).
When returning your vehicle to the Stanford Enterprise branch, please park in a designated Enterprise space on the first floor of Stock Farm Garage (PS-5). If all of these spaces are full, please park the car on the top floor of the parking structure.
Departments with existing corporate accounts may reserve vehicles online by entering their account number in the "Customer Number" space on the Enterprise website. When you need to reserve a specialty vehicle, such as a 4-wheel drive, please contact the branch directly for availability. If you do not know your customer number, please call the branch at 650.833.8060 for further assistance.
Enterprise's Weeknight Rental Program (Campus Residents and Commute Club members)
Don't have access to a car on campus? Join Enterprise's Weeknight Rental Program, which offers $10 overnight rentals during the week* to campus residents and Commute Club members.
With this program, you can rent a car from the Stanford Enterprise branch after 4 p.m. for just $10 if returned by 8:30 a.m. the next day. We recommend that you call a few hours before 5 p.m., since this program is subject to vehicle availability and can only be arranged through Stanford's local branch. Enjoy the following with this program:
- No prior enrollment necessary
- No monthly commitment
- No annual fee
- Unlimited mileage
Member eligibility requirements include:
- Must be a campus resident or a member of the Commute Club
- Must have a Stanford ID and badge
- Must be age 18 and older**
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must pay with a major credit card
For more information, call Enterprise at 650.833.8060.
How the weeknight rental program works:
- Step 1: Call Enterprise (650.833.8060) on the day of your rental up to five hours in advance to check availability for your weeknight rental (excludes Friday). Please note: You must talk to a representative at the local Stanford branch during business hours by calling 650.833.8060, ext. 4.
- Step 2: Pick up your car at the Stanford branch between 4 p.m. and 5 p.m. You will need to show your Stanford ID or badge. (Please note that Enterprise does not guarantee a car will be available.)
- Step 3: Return the car to the Stanford branch between 8 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. the next day.
* $10 rate valid Monday through Thursday, after 4:00 p.m., at the Stanfor branch only, and is subject to vehicle availability. Vehicles must be returned by 8:30 a.m. or late charge will be assessed. Program does not include additional liability insurance. Rental qualifications for 18-20 year olds apply, along with a $7/rental surcharge.
** Rental qualifications for 18-20 year olds include but are not limited to proof of full collision, comprehensive and liability insurance that transfers to a rental vehicle. Underage surcharge of $7/rental will be assessed.
Sign up for Enterprise Plus
Signing up for Enterprise Plus makes for an easier process when renting a vehicle. After signing up, you will be assigned an Enterprise Plus Membership number that you can use to reserve a vehicle. When using this number, the information that you input will automatically show up in the Enterprise system.
With Enterprise Plus, the more you rent, the more rewards you earn. For every qualifying rental dollar spent at participating Enterprise locations worldwide, you earn a point. Points never expire as long as you remain an active member with at least one qualifying rental every three years. You can redeem points for free rental days on any available car on any day.
Visit Enterprise's enrollment page to sign up, or stop by the Stanford Enterprise location located at 360 Oak Road (within Stock Farm Garage). Please visit the Enterprise Plus Terms and Conditions page for more information.