Benefits of Carpooling
Carpool parking is free! Share the ride and the savings.
Share your commute with at least one other eligible Stanford commuter and you may:
- Save money on gas and wear and tear on your vehicle
- Receive Carpool Credit as a reimbursement for an 'A' or 'C' carpool parking permit. With more members in your carpool, receive more reimbursement to buy a more versatile permit.
- Request one free daily parking permit per eligible carpool member each month (not valid in carpool spaces prior to 10 a.m.)
- Purchase up to seven additional daily permits per eligible carpool member per month for days you need to drive separately. Refer to our cost comparison table for the potential savings of purchasing daily permits instead of a long-term permit.
- Enjoy premium reserved carpool-only parking spaces (reserved until 10 a.m.)
Please view the Carpool Parking Map to see designated parking areas for carpools on campus.
In case of an emergency
- "What if my child gets sick or I get sick and I have to leave immediately?"
- "What if my carpool driver unexpectedly leaves without me or becomes unavailable to give me a ride home?"
- "What if my neighbor calls to tell me that my home is on fire?"