Benefits of Carpooling
Carpool parking is free! Share the ride and the savings.
Share your commute with at least one other eligible Stanford commuter and you may:
- Save money on gas and wear and tear on your vehicle
- Receive a free carpool permit. With more members in your carpool, receive a more versatile permit.
- As a Commute Club member, you can purchase daily permits for the times you need to drive. See how you can save money by receiving a free carpool permit while driving alone part-time on our Not Sure You Can Commit to a Sustainable Commute? page
- Enjoy premium reserved carpool-only parking spaces (reserved until 10 a.m.)
Please view the Carpool Parking Map to see designated parking areas for carpools on campus.
In case of an emergency
- "What if my child gets sick or I get sick and I have to leave immediately?"
- "What if my carpool driver unexpectedly leaves without me or becomes unavailable to give me a ride home?"
- "What if my neighbor calls to tell me that my home is on fire?"
The answer to these and other issues is Stanford's free Emergency Ride Home program. You are automatically enrolled in the Emergency Ride Home program as a Commute Club carpool member. (Please note that overtime is not covered.)