Watch Our Past Bike Webinars
Unable to attend a bike webinar? Brush up on your bike safety skills and knowledge about riding by watching recordings of past webinars.
The workshops are hosted by Ariadne Delon Scott, our assistant director of active mobility; and Bikes Make Life Better staff Anna Walters, events and communications manager; and Robert Alverson, operations manager. For a list of upcoming webinars and to sign up, visit our Free Bike Webinars page.
Listen & Learn: All About Cargo Bikes (46:43)
Learn from bike experts about the basics and benefits of cargo bikes, including:
- What is so great about cargo bikes?
- How important is “electric” on a cargo bike?
- Do cargo bikes ride differently than a regular bike?
- How much can a cargo bike carry? (How many passengers)
- How do people use cargo bikes?
- What is the environmental impact of replacing a car trip with a bike trip.
Share The Road: Getting Around the Campus Safely (30:02)
Learn from bike experts on how to share our Stanford roads and pathways. Safety tips on:
- How to be courteous and respectful towards all road users.
- Obey signs, signals and laws.
- How to be equipped.
- Navigating turns and intersections.
- How to ride in a roundabout.
- Yield to pedestrians on pathways.
Ready to Roll: Bike Safety 101 (30:49)
Learn the top ten rules of the road for every ride, including how to:
- Fit a helmet.
- Lock your bike.
- Navigate intersections and turns.
- Ride in a roundabout.
- Use hand signals.
- Be safe while riding on and off campus.
How to Map a Bike Route (44:19)
Need help planning a route for your bike commute? The Bay Area is full of scenic paths and bike-friendly routes for you to try. In this session, we cover:
- How to map your ride to work by bike.
- Routing tips and tricks.
- Route resources.
- Safe and easy routes and rides in the Bay Area.
Urban Riding Skills Webinar (59:25)
Want to ride a bike, but have questions or concerns about riding in traffic? In this session, we cover everything you need to navigate city streets, including:
- How to travel through those tricky urban areas on two wheels.
- What you need to know to be safe riding in traffic.
- Suggestions for planning your route.
- Selecting street bike gear for the ride.
How to Fix a Flat Webinar (1:00:53)
Learn the fundamentals of how to fix a flat tire when you're on a ride, including:
- A demonstration outlining the proper technique.
- Fixing a bike yourself.
Bike Gears Made Easy (1:01:21)
Learn all about bike gears, how they work, and why you need them. In this session, we cover everything you need to know about shifting, including:
- Why are there so many speeds?
- What happened to 3 speeds?
- How to shift smoothly.
- Tips for staying in the “right gear”
- What is that grinding noise when shifting?
- Help, my chain fell off!
Bike Buying Guide--How to Choose the Right Bike for You (1:01:42)
Are you in the market for a new bicycle? Whether you're buying your first ever bike or looking for an upgrade, join us to walk through the decision tree of bike buying, including:
- How to decide what type of bike you need based on the type of riding you want to do.
- General market prices for various types of bikes.
- How to navigate the bike shop and test ride experiences.
- And more!