Parking enforcement in some lots and the Hoover Pavilion Garage now being managed by SP+.
For questions relating to SP+ or parking enforcement, please contact Parking Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org or 650.723.9362.
Appeal a Parking Ticket
Procedure for contesting parking ticket:
Santa Clara County (citations on Stanford University grounds)
If you wish to appeal a parking citation you must request an administrative review
- within twenty one (21) days of the date issuance of the citation,
- OR -
- within fourteen (14) days from the date of the mailing of the Notice Delinquent Violation.
If you do not make your request within this period of time, the law specifies that you lose your right to appeal the citation.
Please note: The appeal procedure can only be pursued by the person who received the parking citation.
You may appeal your parking citation in one of three ways:
- Online at Citation Processing Center (recommended). This interactive website will guide you through the necessary steps to submit citation reviews or appeals.
- Contacting the Santa Clara County Office of Parking Violations at 1-800-989-2058.
- Completing & submitting the form titled Request for a Parking Citation Administrative Review (PDF, 350 KB). This form is also available at:
Submit the completed form along with:
- the Department of Public Safety at 711 Serra Street.
- Parking & Transportation Services at 340 Bonair Siding
- a photocopy of the citation,
- a photocopy of your current parking permit, and
- any supporting documentation you may have to:
- Fax: (650) 725-8485
- U.S. Mail: Stanford Department of Public Safety, 711 Serra St., Stanford, CA 94305, or
Office of Parking Violations, P.O. Box 849, San Jose, CA 95106-0849
- In person: Stanford Department of Public Safety at 711 Serra Street
To ensure that your appeal is received in a timely fashion, it is recommended that you send it certified U.S. mail, return receipt requested.
City of Palo Alto (citations in Hospital/Medical Center area)
Contesting a parking citation
Parking citation appeal form
Request for a Parking Citation Administrative Review (PDF, 350 KB)
Department of Public Safety
Address: 711 Serra St. Stanford, CA 94305
Phone: (650) 723-9633
Fax: (650) 725-8485
From the City of Palo Alto website:
If you believe a citation has been given in error, you may contest the ticket in two different ways:
- You may go to Revenue Collections, located in the lobby of the Civic Center, 250 Hamilton Avenue, and complete the necessary forms to start the review process. Revenue Collections is open Monday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Fridays from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- You may submit a written appeal, along with a copy of the parking citation, and mail it to: City of Palo Alto, Processing Center, P.O. Box 10550, Palo Alto, CA 94303-0908. Do not include any fees.
Your appeal will be reviewed and the results will be mailed to you in about three to four weeks. If you do not agree with the findings, you may appeal to the Parking Examiner within 21 days from the review/mailing date. The instructions of how to appeal to the examiner will be included in your initial review letter.