Start or Join a Carpool
Carpool parking is now free! Share the ride and the savings.
How the Carpool Program Works
Once you have two or more eligible carpool members, you may apply for a Stanford carpool permit and become a Commute Club member. The upfront cost of the permit will be shared by all carpool members equally. At the end of each quarter, each member will receive full reimbursement for their payment.* This is how it will work:
- Each eligible member of the carpool will pay for his or her own share of the permit cost through either automatic payroll deduction (for benefits-eligible employees only) or recurring debit/charge.
- At the end of each academic quarter, each member will receive Carpool Credit in the amount of their permit payment for each month of carpool eligibility in that quarter.
- The Carpool Credit will be paid to carpool members by payroll deposit (for employees) or bank deposit.
*Two-person carpools that elect to purchase 'A' carpool permits will be reimbursed only for the amount of a 'C' carpool permit. They will have to pay the difference between the 'C' and 'A' permit. Carpools of three or more have the option of choosing a ‘C’-Carpool permit and continuing to receive $12.50 each month in Carpool Credit.
Send an email to the Commute Club if you have questions or need assistance, or would like to request a free scratcher.
Forming Your Carpool
If you don't already have your carpool partners in mind, visit our Carpool and Vanpool Listings page to find Stanford affiliates to share your commute. You can view existing carpools and vanpools in addition to Stanford commuters who are interested in sharing the ride.You can post your own listing to increase your chances of finding a match.
If you have questions about the service, or if it does not lead to a match for you, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com. We may be able to help identify other alternatives available to you, such as transit and/or biking.
Applying for a Carpool Permit
To get started:
- Check the eligibility of each potential carpool member.
- Download and complete the carpool permit application.
- Bring the form to the P&TS office 340 Bonair Siding, fax it to 650.724.8676, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail it to 340 Bonair Siding, Stanford, CA 94305-7255 (or MC: 7255)