Are You Eligible?
You are eligible for the Commute Club if you meet all of the following criteria:
- You do not drive alone and park near campus as part of your alternative commute, nor do you park at the VA Hospital, Stanford Health Care, or at off-campus Stanford parking lots and properties.
- Main campus commuters: You do not live in on-campus student housing or Olmsted Staff Rental Housing (including leased housing for Stanford coaches, faculty, and staff).
- You are actively employed at Stanford's campus (main campus or Stanford Redwood City), or you are a postdoctoral scholar or registered student (students only qualify for registered quarters: minimum of 8 units for undergraduates and 6 units or TGR status for graduate students).
- You will be physically commuting to Stanford on a weekly basis for the duration of your Commute Club membership.
- You would be required to purchase a Stanford parking permit if you were to park at your place of work or study.
- You are not an evening- or night-shift employee.
- You agree not to use any Stanford parking permit except a carpool permit, daily permits, department service vehicle permits, and SH permits, if applicable, during the time you are registered as a Commute Club member.
- Your primary commute is to Stanford's main campus or to Stanford Redwood City.
- You are required to be at Stanford's main campus and/or Stanford Redwood City at least 20 hours per week during normal weekday business hours.
Please note that anyone whose principal place of work is at the VA Hospital, SLAC, or any other worksite that does not participate in Stanford's parking permit system or that does not have an arrangement with Stanford Transportation, is not eligible for the Commute Club. Selected buildings on Welch Road are eligible for the Commute Club through a pilot program if they meet all other eligibility requirements. For questions about eligibility, send an email to email@example.com.
Residents of the faculty/staff leaseholder areas (designated areas only), Stanford West, and Oak Creek are eligible for the Commute Club, assuming they meet all other eligibility requirements.
If you're not employed directly by Stanford, we must have written verification of your eligibility from your department. See the Apply for the Commute Club page for more information.
Anyone found to be in violation of the Commute Club and/or parking permit policies set forth by Stanford Transportation is subject to revocation of transportation incentives and/or parking privileges. Instances of egregious misconduct may result in further administrative, disciplinary, and/or legal action, up to and including termination of employment or expulsion.