Find Your Sustainable Commute Options
We are offering information to support the transportation and mobility needs of the Stanford community. We are continuing to provide commute assistance where we are able to do so. However, we recognize that commuting is a personal choice. Stanford commuters are encouraged to assess and select the option(s) that best meet their needs.
Consider Resources for a Sustainable Commute
We’ve put together resources to help you feel more comfortable trying a sustainable commute.
Request Commute Planning Assistance
Want to try alternative transportation but not sure how to begin? Request a do-it-yourself or custom commute plan.
For university commuters, our team is available for one-on-one commute consultations via Zoom to help you assess your options and answer your questions.
Items available for purchase through Stanford’s pre-tax program include Caltrain parking, BART parking, transit passes, Clipper cash value and Commuter checks. Learn about eligibility requirements and what can be covered by pre-tax dollars.
Stanford Transportation offers many programs to make your sustainable commute easier and more convenient. These programs include:
- Emergency Ride Home: getting you home by taxi or rental car in emergencies
- Marguerite shuttle: connecting the campus to local transit, Caltrain, shopping, and dining options with a free, comprehensive campus shuttle system
- Caltrain Go Pass: offering free use of Caltrain anytime and anywhere to eligible university, hospital, and SLAC employees; graduate students; and postdoctoral scholars.
- VTA SmartPass: offering free use of VTA buses and light rail anytime and anywhere to eligible university, hospital, and SLAC employees.
- Line U East Bay Express: offering free express bus service from the East Bay with valid Stanford ID
- SamTrans Pass: free use of SamTrans buses for eligible Stanford Redwood City (SRWC) employees.
- AC Transit EasyPass: free use of AC Transit service, including the Dumbarton Express for eligible East Bay residents.
- Bicycle Program: assisting you in getting started as a bike commuter, commute planning, clothes and bike locker rentals/shower information, bicycle facilities development, safety education, and more
- Zipcar car sharing on campus provide rental cars when you need them, making it easier to live without a car at Stanford
- Carpool or vanpool with others at Stanford to save money and reduce emissions.
- Pre-tax payroll deduction for transit passes, commuter checks, and monthly parking at Caltrain and BART stations.
Need help in planning your commute or finding a rideshare partner? Contact us at email@example.com.