Stanford Vanpool Subsidy
Stanford vanpools* with five or more Commute Club-eligible members are free! Stanford P&TS will cover 100 percent of your vanpool lease, and each eligible member can request up to $300 per year in Clean Air Cash. Additional expenses, such as gas and applicable bridge tolls, are shared by vanpool members.
Additional Commute Club Incentives
The vanpool subsidy policy is in addition to existing P&TS benefits for vanpools, which include all of the following:
- Up to $300 per year in Clean Air Cash for each eligible Stanford vanpool member who joins the Commute Club, plus membership gifts and up to $102 in Zipcar credit.
- One free 'A' Carpool parking permit for each eligible vanpool. Vanpools commuting to Stanford Redwood City will receive a SRWC ‘A’-Carpool permit.
- Pre-tax savings for eligible employees who purchase commuter checks with pre-tax dollars via payroll deduction.
- Free Emergency Ride Home program for eligible vanpool members to ensure they will not be stranded on campus in a personal emergency.
- Option to drive alone occasionally. Eligible vanpool members are allowed to purchase daily permits (by pre-tax payroll deduction if eligible).
- Assistance from P&TS. Stanford vanpools can request assistance from P&TS. We can help by conducting targeted outreach to help recruit new vanpool riders and identify additional incentives your vanpool could receive from regional programs.
* To be considered an official Stanford vanpool, a vanpool must comprise at least 50 percent Stanford University employees, students, or Stanford Hospital employees who meet Commute Club eligibility requirements. If the vanpool does not meet this requirement, the vanpool will not be eligible for a free Stanford vanpool permit and other official vanpool benefits. Stanford passengers in the vanpool, however, may apply for Commute Club and Clean Air Cash provided they meet all eligibility requirements.