How to Purchase
Employees and students can order and pay for their permits using our online ordering system. As of June 25, 2018, all new permits are virtual. This means that, once you complete your order, your license plate becomes your permit.
Purchasing your permit
Employees and students can enter their license plate information and purchase their permit through our online ordering system. Please refer to our “how to” guides for step-by-step instructions on signing into the portal, ordering a permit, and more.
- Looking for the types of permits you can buy and the permit rates? Go to the Permit Prices page.
- Visiting campus with a car? Go to the Visitor Parking page for permit purchase options.
- Need to purchase a service or delivery vehicle access permit? Go to the Service and Delivery page.
Pre-tax payroll deduction
Stanford employees who meet eligibility requirements are entitled by federal and state law to use up to $260 per month to pay certain transportation expenses, including parking permits. Eligible employees can choose payroll deduction as a payment option when purchasing their permit using our online ordering system. Visit our Pre-Tax Parking Purchases page for more information.
This free, automated service lets you use your personal debit/credit card to pay for your long-term parking permit in monthly installments. If you have a Stanford or Hospital ID, set up your recurring payments within our Online Ordering system.
- Permits purchased before June 25, 2018: You will be charged in monthly installments. Your deductions will take place on the 7th of each month.
- Permits purchased after June 25, 2018: You will be charged twice each month. Your deductions will occur on the 15th and and last day of each month.
Our office does not charge interest or fees for this service. Just be sure to keep a close eye on your debit card balance or credit card limit. There's a minimum charge of $25 for rejected deductions.
If you change or close your account...
This program is NOT related to Stanford Payroll's Automatic Paycheck Deposit System, so updating your payroll deposit will not update our records. If you need to stop your recurring debits/charges, or your account information changes, you must contact Parking & Transportation Services at 650.723.9362 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you don't need your permit anymore...
Refer to our “how to” guides for step-by-step instructions on how to return your daily or long-term permit. If you need to return a physical permit, please do so in person at our office at 340 Bonair Siding.
Please refer to the Visitor Parking section.
Please refer to the Tour Bus section.