How to Purchase Visitor Parking
|MAIN CAMPUS VISITORS||Pay for parking through the ParkMobile app or mobile website, and parking permit machines.|
|STANFORD REDWOOD CITY VISITORS||Pay for parking through the ParkMobile app. We recommend downloading the app before arriving. Please refer to our visitor parking article for Stanford Redwood City to find out how it works.|
|GUESTS OF STANFORD DEPARTMENTS||Departments can set up a ParkMobile account to pay for visitor parking for their guests by logging in through the ParkMobile website. Please refer to How to Pay for Department Visitor Parking.|
For visitor parking locations, please visit our Maps page:
- Mobile payment option: Use the ParkMobile app or mobile website to pay using a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, and Discover) at pay-by-plate parking locations. In addition to the hourly visitor parking fee, ParkMobile charges 35 cents for each transaction. Not all visitor spaces are equipped to accept ParkMobile payments, so look for the green ParkMobile sticker posted on the pay machine. Map of ParkMobile zones at Stanford (PDF, 403 KB) The ParkMobile zone at Stanford Redwood City is 7200 in the Barron Garage, 7203 in the Broadway Lot, and 7204 in the Bay Lot.
- Parking permit machines (main campus only)
Simply enter your vehicle license plate number and pay with your credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover). You do not need to display your receipt in your vehicle. The receipt is only valid at the lot or structure in which you purchased it. You may pay for parking at any machine in the lot or structure ($4.46 per hour). You have the option to purchase parking by the hour through the pay-for-parking kiosk. Parking permit machines require payment by Visa, MasterCard, or Discover card only; no cash accepted. A 30-minute minimum payment is required.
- Pay By License Plate # parking locations
You will be asked to enter your license plate number for payment — a parking receipt need not be displayed. Below are the parking locations where you will have to pay by license plate.
- 401 Quarry Road / Psychiatry lot (L-2) — 3-hour maximum; one visit per day.
- Cypress Lot on Via Ortega
- Knight Management Center Garage
- LKSC / Beckman lot (L-15) — 3-hour maximum; one visit per day.
- Lomita Drive in front of the Cantor Arts Center — 4-hour maximum; one visit per day.
- Maples Lot (L-93) — 2-hour maximum; one visit per day
- Memorial Way (near Memorial Auditorium)
- Roble Field Garage
- Roth Way — 2-hour maximum; one visit per day.
- Roth Way Garage at Campus Drive West between Quarry Rd. and Roth Way — 4-hour maximum; one visit per day.
- Santa Teresa Street near Tresidder Union
- Stock Farm lot (L-17) near Welch Rd. at Campus Drive West
- Tresidder Union lot (L-39)
- Via Ortega Garage at Panama St. and Via Ortega
- Visitor Center / Track House (L-95) — ‘Extend-By-Phone’ feature available with credit card payment at this location.
- ‘Extend-by-Phone’ — Receive a text message when your parking is about to expire; reply to add more minutes.“How to Extend-by-Phone” instructional video (1 minute, 11 seconds)
- Wilbur Field Garage (beneath Wilbur Field)
Stanford Redwood City — $2.50/hour rate plus a $0.35 transaction fee
- Barron Garage
- Broadway Parking Lot
- Bay Parking Lot
Please note that visitor parking at SRWC is only available through the ParkMobile app. The ParkMobile zone at SRWC is 7200 in the Barron Garage, 7203 in the Broadway Lot, and 7204 in the Bay Lot.