How to Purchase Visitor Parking
Visitors have several payment options for parking (for visitor parking locations, please visit our Maps page):
- Mobile payment option: Use the Parkmobile app or mobile website to pay using a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express) at metered, pay-and-display and pay-by-space parking locations. In addition to the visitor parking fee, Parkmobile charges 35 cents for each transaction. Not all visitor spaces are equipped to accept Parkmobile payments, so look for the green Parkmobile sticker posted on the parking meter or pay machine. Map of Parkmobile zones at Stanford (PDF, 403 KB)
- $1.50/hour coin-metered spaces located throughout the campus (2-hour time limit).
- One-day Visitor virtual permits (which allow parking in Visitor Pay Parking lots and at meters), are available for purchase for $17 each. Posted time limits apply.
- You can purchase a daily visitor permit parking permit through Stanford’ Parking & Transportation Services online ordering site. Please note that regardless of what time you purchase the permit, the daily permit will be charged the full-day parking rate. Stanford employees and students may use single sign-on to access the portal. All others must create a visitor account to access the portal.
- If you have a physical daily “scratcher” permit you purchased previously, these permits remain valid through their expiration dates. Be sure to scratch off the correct date and hang your permit facing outward from your rear-view mirror.
- Parking permit machines
Simply enter your vehicle license plate number and pay with your credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover). You do not need to display your receipt in your vehicle. The receipt is only valid at the lot or structure in which you purchased it. You may pay for parking at any machine in the lot or structure ($2.00 - $2.50 per hour). You have the option to purchase parking by the hour through the pay-for-parking kiosk. Parking permit machines require payment by Visa, MasterCard, or Discover card only; no cash accepted. In most cases a 30-minute minimum payment is required.
- Pay By License Plate # parking locations
You will be asked to enter your license plate number for payment — a Pay by Space parking receipt need not be displayed. The Pay by Space receipt is NOT valid in any other Visitor Pay Parking location.
- 401 Quarry Road / Psychiatry lot (L-2) — 3-hour maximum; one visit per day.
- Cypress Lot on Via Ortega
- Knight Management Center Garage
- LKSC / Beckman lot (L-15) — 3-hour maximum; one visit per day.
- Lomita Drive in front of the Cantor Arts Center — 4-hour maximum; one visit per day ($2.50/hour rate).
- Maples Lot (L-93) — 2-hour maximum; one visit per day
- Memorial Way (near Memorial Auditorium)
- Roble Field Garage
- Roth Way — 2-hour maximum; one visit per day ($2.50/hour rate).
- Roth Way Garage at Campus Drive West between Quarry Rd. and Roth Way — 4-hour maximum; one visit per day ($2.50/hour rate)
- Santa Teresa Street near Tresidder; 2-hour time limit unless paying with Parkmobile
- Stock Farm lot (L-17) near Welch Rd. at Campus Drive West
- Tresidder Union lot (L-39)
- Via Ortega Garage at Panama St. and Via Ortega
- Visitor Center / Track House (L-95) — ‘Extend-By-Phone’ feature available with credit card payment at this location.
- ‘Extend-by-Phone’ — Receive a text message when your parking is about to expire; reply to add more minutes.“How to Extend-by-Phone” instructional video (1 minute, 11 seconds)
- Wilbur Field Garage (beneath Wilbur Field)