How to Purchase Visitor Parking
Visitors have several payment options for parking (for visitor parking locations, please visit our Maps page):
- Mobile payment option: Use the Parkmobile app or mobile website to pay using a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express) at metered, pay-and-display and pay-by-space parking locations. In addition to the visitor parking fee, Parkmobile charges 35 cents for each transaction. Not all visitor spaces are equipped to accept Parkmobile payments, so look for the green Parkmobile sticker posted on the parking meter or pay machine. Map of Parkmobile zones at Stanford (PDF, 403 KB)
- $1.50/hour coin-metered spaces located throughout the campus (2-hour time limit).
- One-day Visitor “scratcher” permits (which allow parking in Visitor Pay Parking lots and at meters), available for $17 each at the P&TS office (open weekdays 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.). One-day “scratcher” permits must be prominently displayed (hung from the rear view mirror) with the date of use properly scratched off. Posted time limits apply.
- Parking permit machines
You may pay for parking at any machine in the lot or structure ($2.00 - $2.50 per hour). Parking permit machines require payment by Visa, MasterCard, or Discover card only; no cash accepted. In most cases a 30-minute minimum payment is required.
- Pay By License Plate # parking locations
- 401 Quarry Road / Psychiatry lot (L-2) — 3-hour maximum; one visit per day.
- Cypress Lot on Via Ortega
- Knight Management Center Garage
- LKSC / Beckman lot (L-15) — 3-hour maximum; one visit per day.
- Lomita Drive in front of the Cantor Arts Center — 4-hour maximum; one visit per day ($2.50/hour rate).
- Maples Lot (L-93) — 2-hour maximum; one visit per day
- Memorial Way (near Memorial Auditorium)
- Roble Field Garage
- Roth Way — 2-hour maximum; one visit per day ($2.50/hour rate).
- Roth Way Garage at Campus Drive West between Quarry Rd. and Roth Way — 4-hour maximum; one visit per day ($2.50/hour rate)
- Santa Teresa Street near Tresidder; 2-hour time limit unless paying with Parkmobile
- Stock Farm lot (L-17) near Welch Rd. at Campus Drive West
- Tresidder Union lot (L-39)
- Via Ortega Garage at Panama St. and Via Ortega
- Visitor Center / Track House (L-95) — ‘Extend-By-Phone’ feature available with credit card payment at this location.
- ‘Extend-by-Phone’ — Receive a text message when your parking is about to expire; reply to add more minutes.“How to Extend-by-Phone” instructional video (1 minute, 11 seconds)
- Wilbur Field Garage (beneath Wilbur Field)
Remember your parking space # for payment — a Pay by Space parking receipt need not be displayed. The Pay by Space receipt is NOT valid in any other Visitor Pay Parking location.