Free and Discounted Sustainable Commute Programs
- Free, unlimited travel on Caltrain, VTA, and AC Transit, including the Dumbarton Express, for eligible employees.
- Free, unlimited travel on Caltrain for eligible postdoctoral scholars.
- Free monthly SamTrans passes for eligible employees at Stanford Redwood City.
- Free transit on AC Transit’s Line U East Bay express bus (with Stanford ID), Stanford’s Marguerite Shuttle, and Commute.org’s Redwood City-Midpoint Caltrain Shuttle.
- Savings on transit fares and parking at transit stations through pre-tax payroll deduction.
- Free bike safety classes, free bicycle safety repair stands around campus, and online bike registration.
Carpool and Vanpool
- Stanford's ridematching services can help you find other Bay Area commuters going your way.
- Vanpool: fully subsidized vehicle lease and free parking at Stanford, allowing commuters to save up to 85% on commuting expenses.
- Carpool: share the cost of commuter permits and parking expenses with a carpool partner.
Car Rentals and Car Sharing
- Discounted Zipcar membership and hourly rates.
- Rental cars available through Hertz, located on the ground floor of Stock Farm Garage.
Emergency Ride Home
- Up to four free rides home per year for sustainable transportation users in case an unforeseen emergency occurs.
Additional Commute Resources
- Discuss individual commute options with one-on-one consultations via Zoom.
- Request a custom transit and/or bike plan from your front door to Stanford.
Discounts through other organizations
- Clipper START is a pilot program offering 20% to 50% discounts off single-ride fares at participating agencies.
Please note that the rules and policies of these programs may change without notification to eligible participants.