Disability Golf (DisGo) Cart Service
Disability Golf (DisGo) Cart Service is a complimentary curb-to-curb transportation service managed by Stanford Transportation. If you are an eligible student, staff, faculty member, or Continuing Studies student with a disability or medical condition, DisGo can provide travel between core campus locations with a vehicle that will accommodate your needs.
DisGo provides transportation to and from most buildings within the core campus in areas that are not served by the Marguerite Shuttle.
COVID-19 DisGo updates
DisGo passenger guidelines:
NOTICE: All passengers and drivers are required to wear masks and follow the COVID protocols as outlined in this section.
Please note that trips may include multiple riders. If you require solo rides (no other passengers) as a disability-related accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 415-404-1059. Scheduling solo rides may lead to longer wait times. All passengers will be accommodated in the order in which they reserve their ride.
- Ride DisGo only when well.
- Stay home and contact your healthcare provider if you are feeling ill.
- Please create as much physical distance as possible between yourself and the driver.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with your upper sleeve or a tissue.
- Use the rear seats when riding on DisGo when possible.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover.
- Wash your hands thoroughly for a minimum of 20 seconds with soap and water before and after riding. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Stanford Transportation reserves the right not to provide service if the guidelines above are not met.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has published guidance on how you can protect yourself and others to slow the spread of COVID-19 when using transportation, including DisGo.
If you would like updates about other Stanford Transportation programs and services, please visit our featured topics page.
For other COVID-19-related updates for the Stanford community, visit healthalerts.stanford.edu.
Service Days and Hours
|Time of Year||Days||Times|
|Year-round (except winter break)||Monday - Friday||8:15 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.|
No service on weekends, university holidays, or during winter break.
For after-hours campus travel, please use the 5-SURE transportation service:
- Phone: 650-725-SURE (650-725-7873)
- Operation times: 7 days a week, 9 p.m. - 2 a.m. (Last call at 1:45 a.m.) Note: 5-SURE is not a year-round service. Visit the 5-SURE website for a quarterly schedule.
- Wheelchair-accessible vehicle available.
How do I use it?
It is recommended that you schedule your reoccurring rides for classes or regular appointments as soon as possible to ensure that your rides are confirmed.
Below are some additional details that will be helpful for you to review to assist with using DisGo.
- For one-time rides, last-minute rides, and/or to cancel rides please contact the DisGo dispatch at 415.404.1059 as soon as possible.
- If using the Trip Shop mobile app, please note that the app may only allow up to two rides per day and may limit your ability to schedule back-to-back rides.
- The Winter quarter is a particularly busy time for DisGo. Additionally, rides around 1 pm are also quite popular. It is recommended that you plan accordingly and schedule your rides with ample time to get to classes/appointments.
- Drivers can only wait for 5 minutes as delays will affect scheduled rides for other users. Again, please plan accordingly and schedule your rides with some built-in time for delays (class/appointments that run long).
- Trips are scheduled on a first come first serve basis. DisGo reserves the right to make modifications to any reservation.
- Newly registered passengers who are not able to use online reservation service on the first day of enrollment, please call 415.404.1059 at least 1 hour prior to the trip.
- Do not choose a wheelchair-accessible vehicle if you do not need one.
- If your desired pickup time is not available, please provide an alternative time.
- For text notifications (delays, changes), please provide a cell phone number.
- Drivers will only assist passengers in/out of the vehicle.
- If passengers need assistance getting to a specific room or floor, they can make their own arrangements.
- If you are a no-show for any ride, your remaining rides for that day will be canceled. To keep your remaining rides, you must call 415.404.1059 to confirm them.
- For alternative on-campus transportation, Stanford operates a free shuttle service. The Marguerite Shuttle traverses the campus Monday - Friday (except university holidays). Almost all buses are wheelchair accessible and equipped with bike racks.
Please complete the DisGo Registration Form.
2) Make a reservation(s)
To make phone reservations:
- Call 415.404.1059
- Advance reservations are encouraged for guaranteed service
- Requests are accepted Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
- If a reservation is not completed by 3 p.m. one business day in advance, no service will be provided on the following day.
- Please provide the following:
- Pick up date
- Pick up time
- Detailed pick up location
- Phone number
- Pertinent information (Wheelchair rider, mobility devices, on crutches etc.)
- Continuing Studies students: We recommend using Roble Field Garage as a pick-up location. This will allow consistency for recurring trips.
To make an online reservation:
- Online requests must be made at least one business day in advance by 3 p.m.
- If a reservation is not completed by 3 p.m. one business day in advance, no service will be provided on the following day. Alternate times will be suggested if the vehicle is already booked during the time requested.
- Complete the following forms:
- Contact DisGo the following morning to confirm your trip reservation.
- To cancel a ride(s), please call 415.404.1059 as soon as possible.
To request DisGo service through TripShot (smartphone app):
- DisGo requests can be made two hours before your trip through the TripShot app.
- Download the TripShot app.
- Select “Stanford DisGo”.
- Enter your SUNet ID username and password and other info requested. Our ETA (estimated time of arrival) will arrive a few minutes after you select “Submit ride.” Stay close to your smartphone and watch for notification that we’ve arrived.